Careers and Opportunities
Are you a creative individual with a passion for quality over quantity?
Do you enjoy being a valued member of a motivated team, where your number one focus is to deliver work you are proud of?
Are you interested in developing your existing skills and taking the time to learn new ones?
If you answered “yes” to all of those questions, then welcome to our Careers page. You’re in the right place!
About True Boost Digital
True Boost Digital is a digital marketing agency based in the heart of North Carolina. We offer Search Engine Optimization (SEO), creative content, graphic design and website design services to small and medium-sized businesses.
We help businesses grow to the next level through our proven digital marketing strategies.
What it means to work for True Boost Digital
We want to work with like-minded, creative individuals who pride themselves on delivering quality work. Here are a few things we are looking for from prospective team members:
You believe in quality and consistency.
Lots of people have talent – but turning that talent into brilliant work, month after month, is another thing completely. We want to work with individuals who hold themselves to high standards. You aren’t satisfied with producing something that is just ‘okay’. You take pride in your work. You strive for excellence.
You are passionate about self-improvement.
If you stand still, others will overtake you. We want to help you improve and hone your skills. If you invest time and effort in delivering work, we will invest time and effort in providing you with constructive feedback. You believe in open, honest and transparent communication – and that works both ways. If there’s an area we can improve on, we want you to tell us. That way, we’re all improving.
You want to be part of a culture which rewards creativity.
Nobody sees the same thing from the same perspective. After we’ve spent some time working together, we want you to come forward with your own ideas and concepts to deliver world-class creative content. Bringing your own experiences to the table is encouraged! At True Boost, every idea is equal and will be discussed on its merits.
You want the freedom to work from home, your favorite coffee shop, or wherever you feel comfortable.
Even before a global pandemic affected our lives, we believed in remote working. It allows us to attract a wider range of talent, eliminates time spent commuting, reduces our overheads, and is better for the environment. Remote working is a key part of our company culture – and always will be.
You love to do your work.
Above all else, this is the thing that matters most to us. We want enthusiasm and excitement. Some people see the work they do as a means to an end – and that’s fine for some organizations. But we want to work with people who actually derive enjoyment from their work. It’s better for you, it’s better for us and it’s better for our clients. Happy, engaged employees produce better work. If you love – and we mean love – to create, design or write, you’ll fit right in.
Our current opportunities
Do you love to write? Does the thought of creating exceptional content fill you with enthusiasm?
If so, then this opportunity could be ideal for you.
As we move into 2021, True Boost Digital is looking to build a team of talented freelance content writers who can create engaging content across a variety of industries.
At this stage, the work is project-based and will be determined upon the needs of our clients – but as we grow, there may be the potential for this to turn into a full-time position depending on the requirements of our business.
Responsibilities of this role
- Producing high-quality blog articles, white papers, how-to guides and other written content
- Engaging with our editorial process to make edits as necessary
- Ensuring work is completed within (realistic) deadlines
- Maintaining project management tools with current status of projects
What we’re looking for
The ideal applicant for this role will have the following traits:
- You love to write. Writing isn’t a chore for you – it is a passion. This is essential.
- You pride yourself on accuracy. You strive for perfection with your spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- You are reliable. We know that sometimes, life happens! But in general, you hate being late and are a stickler for deadlines.
- You are self-motivated. We’ll guide you on topics and structure – but we are looking for individuals who can take a content brief and run with it.
- You want to learn. We want to help you grow professionally. If you have ideas for where you want your career to go, we will do our best to help you achieve those goals.
Ideally, you’ll also be familiar with best practices when it comes to SEO and optimizing content, and you’ll be able to demonstrate your capabilities with a portfolio of content pieces published on the web. However, these two desired abilities are not prerequisites for this role.
If you like to write but aren’t familiar with SEO best practices, we’ll offer training to help you. All we ask is that you are open-minded and willing to learn.
If you have a passion for writing but are a complete newcomer to content writing and getting it published, we are definitely open to applications from fresh talent. If this is the case, we will likely offer you a trial article (paid) to evaluate if you’d be a good fit for our business.
What we offer
- Regular compensation (we pay per project. You’ll be paid within five business days after a project is completed – no waiting to the end of the month or having to complete a certain number of articles before you’re compensated!)
- Flexible schedule (there is no requirement to complete a minimum number of projects per month – we want you to be motivated and produce your best work!)
- Expert feedback and training (if we work together, it is obviously a mutually beneficial goal for us to help you develop your skills and improve – we take this very seriously!)
- Opportunity for professional growth (if you want to take your career in a particular direction, we will do our utmost to help you!)
- Work from anywhere (we don’t care where you work, as long as you have an Internet connection and can produce brilliant content!)
How to apply
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Briefly introduce yourself to us (see below)
- Two or three topics/industries you are interested in and enjoy writing about
- Examples of your work
- Your freelance rates (per word or per project)
Remember, your application is a great way to showcase your writing skills and demonstrate your voice to us. So whilst we’re not looking for an autobiography here, we also want more than a couple of sentences. By telling us about yourself (think hobbies/interests; what makes you happy; what a good day looks like; what is important to you in life), we can get a true feel for your talent, and if you’ll be a good fit for our team and our clients.
We will inform you when your application has been reviewed and discuss the next steps.
True Boost Digital is an equal opportunity employer. Our business promotes an inclusive workplace culture which is wholly consistent with our values. We encourage applications from any qualified individual, without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age or nationality.
We strive to help small and medium-size businesses achieve their goals through a combination of digital strategy, brand optimization and high-quality content.